We have an exciting opportunity in our Aerodynamic Operations department for a Mechanical Inspector. The successful candidate will be proficient in inspecting and verifying Engineered components.
Key accountabilities / duties include:
- Use of inspection equipment to ensure dimensional, mechanical and visual characteristics of each component adhere to drawing specification.
- Strict adherence to drawings, operating procedures and work instructions to ensure zero defect supply to our customers.
- Proficient in the use of Creaform Metrology system.
- Travel within the U.K as required by the assignment.
- Dedicated to INEOS tasks, falling back to MGP tasks if opportunity allows.
- Competent in using portable CMM (e.g. Faro /Romer Arms) and preferable Polyworks software, both on-line and off-line, Power Inspect an advantage.
- Timely and accurate booking and recording on our Manufacturing Systems.
- Identification of any non-conforming components and writing of non-conformance reports (NCR). This includes liaison with authorising Design personnel to determine disposition of components and necessary action to be taken, concluding in a timely manner.
- Communication to be clear, concise and effective (verbal &/or written as appropriate) for example with NCR follow-up and hand-over of job at shift end / status of component inspection.
- Flexibility in terms of job and time to undertake any necessary tasks that may reasonably be expected to achieve Departmental and Team objectives.
- Safe working to within general Safety, Health and Environmental guidelines with specific attention and working to Departmental Risk Assessments and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health).
- Experience in Motorsport or similar high tech fast paced environment.
- Willing to travel.
- Used to working with minimal supervision.
- Good knowledge of Quality systems.
- Strong computer skills.
- Experience with Creaform/Faro arm contact and non-contact measurement.
The successful candidate will have a strong understanding and interpretation of engineering drawings and will be conscientious with a keen eye for detail; as marking accuracy is paramount.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with appropriate supportive team behaviors, and abilities to work with minimal supervision to tight deadlines in a high throughput environment.