Due to the recent expansion at Monolution, the position for a Jig & Fixture Design Engineer is now available. This will be a new in-house role and would suit a person who is enthusiastic and self-motivated to develop the role and the service on offer to our customers.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for the design, creation and maintenance of CAD models and technical drawings. The main focus will cover bespoke jig and fixture designs for the automotive and aerospace industries. Secondary responsibilities will be to provide manufacturing support through the processing of CAD data for CNC machining.
- Design and tolerance of Jigs and Fixtures
- Creation of Jig and Fixture concept designs
- Detailed design of 3D Models using 3D CAD software
- Creation of technical drawings and bills of material
- Integration of propriety equipment into CAD assemblies
- Presentation of designs at internal reviews for concept sign off
- Supply any build instructions that may be required.
- Process CAD data for manufacture
- Use of MRP system (Internal training to be given)
- Support the Project and Production Managers
Skills / Work experience requirements:
- Experience in a similar role within a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Competent in the use of 3D CAD packages for modelling parts and assemblies
- Experience of Jig and Fixture design
- Knowledge of GD&T and DFM
- Working knowledge of machining processes
- Ability to work on several projects/tasks simultaneously
- Must be methodical, organised and able to prioritise tasks
- Must be analytical and IT Literate particularly with Excel / Microsoft Packages
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- HNC/HND/Degree qualified from within an Engineering discipline preferred.
- Alternatively a minimum of at least 5 years’ experience within an engineering design role
Monolution is a young dynamic company, rapidly building a reputation for employing imaginative precision CNC machining strategies that deliver outstanding quality, radically reduced lead times and provide cost effective solutions for all your precision CNC machining challenges. With the flexibility and responsiveness of a true 24/7 customer focused organization, Monolution offers a complete service for your manufacturing requirements.