We have an exciting opportunity in our Dyno department for a Dyno Test Engineer to join the team. Reporting directly to the Head of Dyno Groups, you will be the Senior Engineer on shift, akin to a Race Engineer at the Track, for Dyno tests. You will ultimately be responsible for liaising with design and race engineers for the implementation of test requests into the test programme.
Key accountabilities / duties include but are not limited to:
- Liaison with design and performance engineers for the implementation of test requests into the programme.
- Publication of event documentation – test items, run plans, job lists etc. to ensure timely preparation and smooth operation of tests.
- Daily and post event reporting of test results.
- In depth data analysis and the development of software tools (Matlab, Excel, etc.) for engine, transmission, hydraulic, braking, heat rejection, and control systems.
- Reporting and investigation of faults as well as implementing countermeasures for dyno issues.
- Programming of Dyno based control systems using PUMA, Matlab, Simulink, Visual Basic, and National Instruments.
- Creating and maintaining test profiles and ensuring their continual validation against the track.
- Contributing to the continual development of the facility in terms of its capability and validation.
The successful candidate must:
- Have a strong engineering degree (2.1 minimum grade).
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a top level motorsport test or trackside environment.
- Have previous programming experience (Matlab / VBA).
- Have good practical knowledge of gearbox / hydraulics / engine / braking systems.
- Be highly motivated, able to make decisions within a pressurised environment.
Flexibility in hours and approach is required, along with a ‘can do’, ‘team playing’ attitude. Good verbal and written communication skills are very important. The ability to work under minimal supervision to strict deadlines and in a professional manner is essential.
We demand the best from our people. So it’s only right we reward them with the best benefits. That’s why we offer a competitive package, including: a generous bonus, life assurance, private medical cover, Mercedes company car lease scheme, 25 days holiday, on-site gym and subsidised restaurant facilities.