The position within the R&D team is to design, develop and maintain embedded firmware for our
2. Duties and Responsibilities
1) Develop and maintain firmware on current and future products including adding new features
and fixing bugs.
2) Develop PC software primarily for testing/configuring products in Operations and support the
use of these tools.
3) Write well commented, coherent and safe code with the aim of keeping our product running
reliably and smoothly.
4) Work to company processes for version control, bug tracking, documentation etc.
5) Work both as team member on larger projects and manage own smaller software projects; plan,
track and manage development tasks.
6) Work to deadlines and adapt plans as necessary to meet project objectives.
7) Work collaboratively with people inside and outside the Engineering department to successfully
achieve outcomes and results.
8) Install, use and maintain tools and technologies used to develop our products including IDE’s.
9) Use company procedures, processes, and consistent styles.
10) Investigate ideas, suggestions and problems related to existing and new products raised by
internal departments including Commercial and Operations, communicating effectively and
responding in a timely manner to ensure issues are resolved promptly and appropriately.
11) Other duties as required