PWR Advanced Cooling Technology is an Australian based company and a global market leader in complete solution management for design and manufacture of high performance cooling system products. PWR specialises in motorsport applications and has become a trusted supplier to many leading race teams all over the world including Formula 1, NASCAR, WEC, WRC and Moto GP, plus niche OEM Automotive, Aerospace and Electronics industries.
PWR’s head office where this career opportunity exists is located on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. Ideally positioned between Surfers Paradise and Brisbane our expansive manufacturing capabilities are complimented with a precision engineering equipped CNC machine shop including fully automated and palletised 5 Axis machining cells. This represents an excellent career and lifestyle opportunity, to work in a highly motivated and dedicated team environment supporting a prestigious global customer base whilst being located in Queensland Australia. PWR will offer assistance to all successful applicants to obtain appropriate visa’s for relocation to Australia for those looking to pursue a long term career within our dynamic business.
Exponential growth at PWR has opened up an exciting career opportunity for very experienced 5 Axis Machinists (or 3+2) for manufacture of complex CNC machined parts. This position will not suit a simple general engineering trained machinist.
We are seeking experienced machinists with high level 5 axis milling experience, ideally in a high speed machining environment with direct experience in aluminium surface and feature machining of complex components of an aerospace or motorsport nature.
Experience using Mazak and HAAS CNC Milling Machines would be highly regarded, alternatively all applicants must have at least 5 years’ experience using similar machining cells.
Position Requirements for a 5 Axis (or 3+2) CNC Machinist:
- ONC / HNC in an Engineering discipline or similar level qualification in this discipline.
- 5 years’ minimum experience of High Speed Machining.
- Experience around Mazak Variaxis and HAAS machining centres desirable.
- Good understanding of tooling selection and methodology for the required component.
- Check and verify accuracy of component, record results reporting any manufacturing errors.
- Assist and support colleagues in other production specific tasks when help is needed
- Time served machinist or equivalent recognised apprenticeship/ experience.
- Ability to read and interpret aerospace/defence style engineering drawings, customer specifications and condition of supply.
- Verification of setup sheets and oversee the proving out of new programs in a First Off situation.
- Optimisation of existing processes to drive down waste on machines with the objective of reducing the quoted runtimes to resolve bottlenecks in manufacture to meet Continuous Improvement targets.
- Assist within all aspects of engineering the production process, material flow and machine utilisation.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
This role will suit a trade qualified person interested in working in a very well equipped machine shop on latest model equipment producing quality components for customers that are expecting the highest levels of quality and service. This is an opportunity of a lifetime to relocate to Australia and work with the worlds best customers on leading technology programs.
Attractive remuneration package (including meals provided at our onsite restaurant) will be offered to the right person for this important role.
Please note that only applicants who make a short list will be contacted for interviews to be conducted within the UK during the week of May 27th to 31st, locations to be advised.