A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Mechanical Design Group for a Mechanical Design Engineer working within one of our suspension design groups.
Reporting to one of our Lead Mechanical Design Engineers, the successful candidate will work on a variety of suspension projects ranging from metalwork to composites. Using an analytical approach alongside a high attention to detail to engineering design, they will work on mechanical projects from design through testing and implementation onto the race car.
- Working on the design and development of mechanical and hydraulic suspension assemblies to the highest standards.
- Generating 3D models, Assemblies and 2D drawings.
- Specifying and following the R&D testing programmes for safety and performance critical systems
- Reliability management of assigned systems throughout component life cycle and in support of the team’s reliability function.
- Close collaboration with other engineering departments and external suppliers to ensure fully integrated system designs, achieving optimal car performance.
- Use of Catia FEA to support your own designs
- Mechanical, automotive or aeronautical engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification.
- Experience in F1, another top level motorsport category or an equivalent high level engineering industry would be beneficial.
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX mechanical design package.
- Use of finite element analysis tools (ideally with Catia V5/3DX package) and hand calculation methodologies to produce reliable and optimised designs.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure cross departmental integration.
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to tight deadlines.