A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Mechanical Design Group for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer specialising in hydraulic component design.
Reporting to one of our Lead Mechanical Design Engineers, the successful candidate will take full ownership and responsibility for a variety of complex hydraulic projects. Using an analytical approach alongside a high attention to detail to engineering design, they will take ownership of major mechanical projects from concept through to design, testing and implementation onto the race car.
- Initiating and implementing the design and development of mechanical and hydraulic assemblies of the highest complexity and to the highest standards.
- Specifying and managing the R&D testing programmes for safety and performance critical systems
- Reliability management of assigned systems throughout component life cycle and in support of the team’s reliability function.
- Close collaboration with other engineering departments and external suppliers to ensure fully integrated system designs, achieving optimal car performance.
- Use of Catia FEA to support your own designs
- Mechanical, automotive or aeronautical engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification with a high level of experience in F1, another top level motorsport category or an equivalent high level engineering industry.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic system design.
- Experience of current F1 Steering and braking systems desirable.
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX mechanical design package. Operating knowledge of Catia Kinematics and surfacing experience would be an advantage.
- Use of finite element analysis tools (ideally with Catia V5/3DX package) and hand calculation methodologies to produce reliable and optimised designs.
- Basic data analysis and system simulation knowledge would be an advantage.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure cross departmental integration
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to tight deadlines.
About Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 Team
We succeed when everyone delivers their tenth of a second. No matter which area of the team you work in, you will determine how we perform on and off the track.
Every person here takes immense pride in playing their part to the highest standards. Each and every day. Working here is fast. It demands technical excellence and teamwork. And it calls for great reserves of motivation and resilience.
Own your tenth of a second. Play your part. Join us.