Race Series Experience
· National A MSA Competition Licence Holder (Just in process of renewing)
· Chartered Engineer
· Masters Degree in Automotive Engineering
· B. Eng (Hons) Manufacturing Studies
· DTLLS (Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector) – Teaching Qualification
· Passionate about cars and Motorsport
· Understanding of automobile dynamics; ability to ‘feel’ the characteristics of a car
· Adaptable to different cars
· Able to explain technical issues in way that a non-technical audience can understand
· Able to give positive feedback
· Enthusiastic and passionate
· Very good sense of humour
General Motorsport Experience
· ARDS (Association of Racing Driver Schools) Instructor
· Developing own Single Seater Race Car and Series
· Managed career of young Kart Racer
· Ran college Motorsport Course and also ran the Race Team, as well as driving the cars
· Worked with young Indian Kart Driver and improved his lap times by 1.5 secs
· Ran RAF Cosford Kart Racing Teams on 3 separate occasions
· Overhauled, rebuilt, prepared and raced a 100cc kart in local championship
· 2 Years RAC Scrutineer Training
· 4 Year Vehicle Mechanic Apprenticeship
· BARC (CTCRC) Pre 2005 Touring Car Series (Toyota Corolla T-Sport)
· BMW Compact Cup – 2 Seasons (BMW 318TI Compact) – 750MC
· Toyota GT86: Race, Sprint and Drift (2nd quickest time in Sprint)
· Driving Instructor at Drive Me: Porsche 911 Carrera, Ferrari 430, Lamborghin Gallardo, Aston Martin Vantage, Lotus Elise, Subaru Imprezza and Mitsubishi Evo.
· AMG Mercedes (Drove at 184mph Blindfolded whilst practising for the World Blind-Folded Land Speed Record)
· F1 Arrows A15 and Vauxhall Lotus at Abberville France
· Test Driving/Sprint Luego Velocity (Caterham 7 Look-a-like) set fastest time in sprint
· Lotus Elise – Silverstone (“Got to grips with it well. Learned track and car quickly. Improved well. Good Drive!”)
· Robin Rialto Dragster (Built as part of BBC Programme – Panic Mechanics; only 1 second slower than a Ferrari 308 over a ¼ mile)
· Fun Cup (Second British team to finish in the 2002 25 Hr VW Fun Cup Endurance Race at Spa Francorchamps)
· Subaru Impreza – Group N Rally Car (Shropshire Rally School)
· Palmer Audi Single seater, Lotus Exige, Caterham 7, Vauxhall VX220, Mitsubishi EVO VI (Palmer Audi)
· RS 1600 Turbo and FF1600 – Everyman Racing at Oulton Park
· 100cc National Kart
· Caterham 1600cc Supersport with six speed gearbox
· Range of military vehicles: Scorpion Tank, Ferret Scout Car, Rear Wheel Steer crane, HGV’s, Cars.
· 1460cc Race prepared Mini
1988 – Present Day
Variety of positions that involved utilising Automotive Engineering skills and experience:
· Director SCU Motorsport; A forum/initiative to coordinate Motorsport Training in Schools, Colleges and Universities. Our Mission is to co-ordinate Motorsport activities within the Motorsport Education Sector and support students so that they get the best possible chance of working in the Motorsport Sector.
· ARDS Instructor; teaching high performance driving skills to adults and children at the Race School, Car Chase Heroes and Drive-A-Gift at various circuits; Donington Park, Oulton Park, Brands Hatch, Three Sisters and Blyton Park, as well as various airfield venues; Perranporth, Banbury, Throckmorton. Instructed in various cars; Aston Martin Vantage, Ferrari California and 460, AUDI R8, Porsche 911 Turbo, Lamborghini Gallardo, Nissan GTR, Alfa Romeo Guillia and Fiat 500 Abarth.
· Equipment Repair Manager; responsible for the repair management of various components; Engines, Gearboxes, Axles, etc, for various Rapid Mobility Military Vehicles.
· Motorsport Lecturer; running the motor-sport courses at South and City College Birmingham. Teaching Motorsport Engineering to Level 2 and 3 students. Lecturing in Motorsport Engineering and Technology. Running the College Race Team.
· Race Series Director; developed regulations and specifications for a one make Race Series for BMW E46 Saloons. Cars were to be WTCC Replicas. One prototype car was built.
· High Performance Drive Instructor; taught High Performance Driving skills to adults and children at Drive-Me Stafford: Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi EVO VIII, Aston Martin Vantage, Ferrari 430, Porsche 911 Carrera. Lamborghini Gallardo and Lotus Exige.
· Motorsport Lecturer; responsible for developing the motor-sport course at City College Birmingham. Teaching Motorsport Engineering to Level 2 and 3 students. Led on build of BMW Race Car. Also established the College Race Team.
· Senior Technology Consultant at University of Central England; completed MSc Project to develop a tool that could be used to analyse the dynamic performance of a race car suspension. Personally responsible for restarting the Formula Student programme at the TIC and also acted as Project Manager.
· Competed in the BBC Panic Mechanics series and was involved in the design and build of a dragster using a Robin Rialto three wheeler as the base vehicle; and won the challenge.
· Design Engineer; responsible for design and development of production aids, tools and specialist equipment in support of vehicle repair programmes.
· Graduate Engineer; including a Design & Development attachment to Rover Group working on the KV6 Engine Development programme
· Project Manager; responsible for Automotive Application issues & Human/Ergonomic characteristics on Armoured Vehicle Projects.
· Quality Engineer; responsible for QA and technical support on two very high profile & high value projects with major UK vehicle manufacturer with specific responsibility for recommending acceptance of vehicles.
1983 – 1987
Apprentice Vehicle Mechanic; Gained experience of general engineering practices and automotive engineering skills. Projects Undertaken – Total restoration of a Morris Minor 1000 Traveller and design and build of two peddle powered cars.
1st involvement with RAF Cosford Karting Club as Assistant Manager, helped build 4 Karts out of ‘bits’, organised RAF Cosford Annual Kart Grand Prix; as well as competing. Ran the Official RAF Cosford Team at Chasewater Kart Club.
In 1987 bought a 100cc National Kart and completely stripped, restored and prepared it for racing in Local Club Championship.
1983 – 1987
Student at Telford College of Arts and Technology from September 82 – June 83. Completed a 12 Month Full Time Automotive Course; City and Guilds Tech Certificate Part 1 and Year 1 of BTEC ONC. Helped in the restoration of an Austin A35 car.
1979 – 1984
Spent 6 Years as part of the Pit Crew for an Historic Race Team running a 1957 Maserati 250F Grand Prix Car. Taught automotive/motorsport engineering practices by an independent Race Engineer.